- 100g rice noodles, 3mm width
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 slices fresh bean curd, cubed and deep-fried
- 1 tbsp pickled turnip
- Few dried shrimps (optional)
- 1 Thai chive or spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Splash sweet and sour sauce
- Splash chilli sauce
- Few bean sprouts
For the garnish
- Crushed peanuts
- Dried chilli
- Lime wedges
- Bean sprouts
Soak the noodles in cold water until they start to soften then drain. Do not allow to soften all the way through as further cooking later will overcook them.
Stir fry the chicken until barely cooked and set aside. Stir fry the egg, add the noodles and fry until noodles are completely cooked. Add the chicken and sauces and fry for a few moments. Taste and adjust sauces according to preference. Add the bean curd, turnip, bean sprouts, dried shrimps and chive/spring onion and warm through.
Serve on a plate and garnish. The dish should be served fairly dry and eaten with your favourite garnishes. The volume of any ingredient can be altered to suit personal tastes.