We are always in a hurry. We want things done immediately. We aren’t patient enough. We eat badly because we spend the minimum time at the kitchen.
I must be a rara avis because I always cook twice a day… and when I say cook, I mean it. No sandwiches, no frozen pizzas, no prepared or canned food… I cook a first and a second dish for my family everyday. Usually the first one contains vegetables, legumes, pasta or rice and the second is a protein one (meat, poultry, fish). It takes me approximately 1 hour to prepare lunch or dinner. But I assume that is my job, my contribution to the family health :D.
Here is a recipe that takes no time and it’s healthy and easy. You will probably have all the ingredients at home. Who doesn’t have a cupboard full of spices and some chicken in the fridge? Maybe you can pick some mint leaves from your garden… or ask your neighbour for some.
- Cut the chicken breasts in dices and salt them and sprinkle with the ground pepper too.
- Prepare a marinade with: the lime juice, the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cut mint leaves, a pinch of salt and 8 olive oil tablespoons.
- Keep half the marinade in one bowl and place the chicken in another bowl with the other half.
- Let marinate for 1/2 hour.
- In a saucepan, pour some olive oil and and fry the chicken dices at medium temperature. When they golden up, place on kitchen paper.
- Prepare the dish with the chicken and pour the rest of the marinade on top. Decorate with fresh mint leaves.