Hello again… Hopefully you paid attention.
Did you see my recipe post yesterday for Root Beer Pulled Pork made in a Crock Pot? This is another one of those, “If you make that, this is a snap to make” post… You know what I mean, Leftovers!
And using a tube of refrigerator biscuits makes this a simple mix and bake dish with about 5 minutes of hands on work.
No one likes a good pulled pork sandwich as much as I do. And the sweet root beer, paired with the heat and spice of the BBQ Rub in this version of pulled pork makes a surprisingly wonderful sandwich: all made easy in a crock pot. But, after three or four days of sandwiches you start to ponder what to do with that last couple of cups of leftovers/
This MORE than filled the bill for leftovers with a twist.
You may remember something that looks similar. I have posted a version of this recipe using meat from a store bought Rotisserie Chicken to make a Rotisserie Chicken Savory Monkey Bread. I have made this same recipe with a pound of bulk sausage and even just simply cheese and green onions.
It’s a grand recipe to have on hand.
Of course the ease of the recipe, using leftovers and a tube of store bought refrigerator biscuits makes this quick… only a few minutes of hands on work, a little baking and you have this unique, clever, FAST AND EASY Breakfast (oh, makes an even more interesting twist on a sandwich when you have a bowl of soup. Breakfast or soup and sandwich… This is a winner of a recipe!
OK… Here’s what I did…
EASY PULLED PORK Savory MONKEY BREAD
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 TBS Whole Milk
- 1 (16.3 Ounce) Can Pillsbury Grands refrigerator biscuits
- 6 Ounces Cheddar Cheese (I used a smoked Cheddar Cheese), freshly grated… Although Provolone would be very good with this)
- 1/4 Cup (about 5) Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Cups Left over fully cooked Root Beer Pulled Pork (or any version of Pulled Pork)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray an 8X12 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well combined.
- Separate the biscuits. Cut each individual (8) biscuits into 4 quarters (now 32 pieces). Stir these into the egg/milk mixture.
- Fold in Pulled Pork, onions and cheese to evenly mix with the biscuit pieces.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish… VERY IMPORTANT, arrange everything into a single layer.
- Bake at 350Â°F. for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
- Serve HOT and ENJOY!!!