This recipe features the use of a slow cooker. Here is one that you can get from Amazon:
• 4 pounds boneless chuck
• Olive oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 3 tablespoons onion chopped
• 3 tablespoons carrot chopped
• 2 tablespoons celery chopped
• 1½ cups dry Italian red wine, like Borolo
• 1 cup beef broth
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
• ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
• Fresh Ground Black pepper
1. Coat the bottom a skillet with the Olive Oil and heat it up
2. Brown the meat in the skillet, then, transfer it to a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker.
3. Coat the bottom a skillet with the Olive Oil again and heat it up the butter, and sauté the onion.
4. Add the carrot and celery. Sauté the onion, carrot and celery for 4 to 5 minutes
5. Add the onion, carrot and celery to the meat in the slow cooker.
6. Pour the wine into the skillet and turn on the heat. While heating the wine, scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen cooking residues stuck to the bottom and sides. Add the wine to the slow cooker.
7. Add the beef broth and tomatoes to the slow cooker. It should come two-thirds of the way up the sides of the meat, but if it doesn’t, add more broth or water.
8. Add thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.
9. Turn the slow cooker on high, cover and cook for about 5 hours, turning the beef a few times during the cooking process.
10. The meat should be very tender. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you have enjoyed making this amazing Italian recipe. I will probably be making a video of this one soon, so check my YouTube channel for that.