It is funny, now that I have kids I am always finding dorky and yet cute recipes that I think would be fun for them. Things I would not normally make for a room full of adults such as this Bunny Patch Dessert cake. It is totally easy to assemble if you follow the recipe. You could also just make a plan boxed cake and then decorate it with the coconut/food coloring, marshmallow bunnies and jelly beans. I would make this dessert for the kids and then have a beautiful carrot cake or cheesecake for the adults. But how cute would this be on the Easter dessert table…all the kids would just love it!
BUNNY PATCH DESSERT
• 1 package Sara Lee pound cake, frozen, cut into 10 slices
• 1 can (21 oz.) Comstock or other brand pie filling (blueberry, cherry or whatever flavor you like)
• 1 tub (12 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping thawed
• 1 cup Coconut
• Green food coloring
• Pastel Easter candies and marshmallow Easter bunnies & jelly beans to decorate the top of cake with.
1. Line bottom of a 12 x 8 baking dish with cake slices.
2. Top with pie filling
3. Top with cool whip
4. Put in fridge to set
5. In the meantime tint the coconut a pale green with the food coloring. Sprinkle it over the top of the cake to
look like grass.
6. Decorate with easter candies, marshmallow bunnies and jelly beans to make it look like the bunnies are
playing in the grass.
* Recipe & Photo Courtesy of Kraft