- A sponge flan case
- 1/2 tbsp raspberry jam
- Vanilla ice cream
- A basic Swiss meringue, but use 2 egg whites and 115g sugar.
How to make baked alaskas
1. Using a 7.5cm cutter, stamp out 4 rounds from a sponge flan case.
2. Spread each with 1/2 tbsp raspberry jam and top with vanilla ice cream. Open-freeze on a lined baking tray for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 230°C/fan210°C/gas 8. Make a basic Swiss meringue, but use 2 egg whites and 115g sugar.
4. Spoon into a large piping bag with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Pipe meringue around each sponge, spiralling up to cover the ice cream.
5. Bake for 3-4 minutes.