What makes a food picture Spring full? Sure the light should be natural and maybe with some shadows, there should be greens involved in the food; pink colour makes me think about flowers and good energy… The food itself should be refreshing and light… this is what I thought to get my picture and post sent to Click! Guess what the subject of the month is: Spring. Visit Jugalbandi and participate in their event or simply enjoy good photography and recipes.
You don’t need to cook to get it done!!! Just throw the ingredients in, blend, place in the fridge and let your guests love you more than ever ;D. This has been such a long and cold Winter that I’m longing for fresh and new dishes like this one.
Handy, healthy and cheap ingredients!
It serves 4: 3 avocados, 4 natural non sugar yogurts (125 grs each), 1/2 a cucumber, 1/2 a green pepper, 1 tomatoe for a salad, 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 table spoons of white vinegar, 1/2 a garlic clove, salt and black ground pepper.
- Take the avocado pulp and discard the skin and seed. Place the pulp in a bowl, add a teaspoon of salt, the yogurts, the garlic, the oil and the vinegar. Blend until you get an homogeneous texture. Place in the fridge to cool down.
- Wash the cucumber under tap water. Dry and cut 4 thin slices. Cut the rest in small dices leaving the seeds away and reserve.
- Wash the tomatoe under tap water, cut in half and discard the heart and seeds. Cut the rest in small dices and reserve.
- Wash the green pepper under tap water, cut and discard the seeds and whites. Cut the rest in dices and reserve.
- Place all veggies in a bowl and sprinkle some salt and black ground pepper.
- When the Avocado gazpacho is cold, pour in 4 glasses, decorate with the slice and dices and enjoy it!
- Maybe you can add a bit more of extra virgin olive oil or a bit of water to get a finer texture and not so creamy… but we loved it this way :D.
- Don’t let the gazpacho stay in the fridge for more than 3 hours, it could turn brown (avocado oxidizes).
Since I used Danone yogurts for the recipe, I thought you might be interested in this: Danone opens the first Shop and Restaurant in Barcelona City with Yogurt as main Star!
From now on you can enjoy a healthy breakfast, snack or meal from a menu of 26 dishes. The space, named Barcelona Danone, is a multi-shop and restaurant of 300 square meters which is the largest showcase in the Catalan capital. A pioneer space that offers consumers the chance to taste yogurt in so many different formats, also shows the latest news from the brand and the menus are based on a healthy Mediterranean diet. A fantastic experience!
If you want to know more about it, please follow this link to La Vanguardia. Or if you want to see the promotional video, just click here.